SAFETY & ETIQUETTE
- All Surf/ Bodyboard hirers should understand the basics of how RIPs work and what Wave Etiquette is.
- Under 16’s must have adult supervision.
- Customers must ensure prior to hiring that they are not suffering from alcohol or drug abuse or any medical condition that would make it dangerous to participate.
- Hirers must be able to swim at least 50m for surfing and 100m for stand up paddling.
- Stand up Paddle hirers must take communication and safety with them if touring locally, and understand self rescue techniques. SUP hirers must understand the basics of RIPS, wind effect on a SUP and etiquette with other sea craft. If in doubt have a lesson or stay near our lesson groups.
We reserve the right to refuse hire to any customer if we consider any of the above conditions are likely not to be met or we consider surf or weather conditions to be unsafe.