SCOTTISH SURF COMPS & EVENTS 2018
In this section we keep you in touch with local and national surf competitions, surf events and environmental news.
- Coast to Coast Lowland Longboard Championship Belhaven, 28-29th April 2018 . Coast to Coast details to follow on the website.
- Euro Junior Surf Champs Portugal July 20-29th 2018.
- Gathering of Clans (Scottish Inter-Clubs), Tiree, 1/2nd September 2018
- ISA World Surfing Games, Japan, 15-22 September 2018
- British Cup October – details to follow.
- Ireland v Scotland International, Thurso, 10th-11th November 2018
Scottish National Junior Squad Training Camp, Lanzarote, 15-20 February. We are delighted that three of our junior team. Mikey Wimbledon Hall, Noah Carter and Jamie Gibson all attended this junior week. Run by the excellent Suds and Marty, the week was a great success with all three boys having a lot of fun and learning to perfect their bottom turns!
Scottish Surfing Championships Thurso, 30th March-2nd April 2018.
Congratulations to our Coast to Coast Junior team surfers.
- Clover Christopherson, still 15 years, won the U18 girls surf division and was 3rd in the mixed U18 surf category (photo of Clover by Andy Bennets)
- Mikey Wimbledon was 2nd in the U14 surfing and he won, still 13 years, the open bodyboard men and junior U18yrs bodyboarding.
- Malcolm Todd was 2nd in the Junior Bodyboard and Jamie was 3rd.
This means we will likely have three juniors from our Dunbar team qualifying for the Scottish team and going to the European Junior surfing championships in Portugal in July 2018. Great results