Our hearts go out to everyone that has suffered or is continuing to suffer from this awful situation.

With the start of lockdown easing in England this week, we have been looking at the best way Coast to Coast could open safely in the future when the Scottish Government allows. We have also started discussing with fellow surf schools in Scotland best practice and looking at advice from our insurers, national bodies and government to see how we can install the best ideas into our operation at the top end not just the minimum.

Its difficult to know when we will open but we know in Scotland it’s unlikely to be in May. Hopefully it will  be June but for bookings we would recommend from July onwards. This year for summer bookings we will be removing our deposits so if for any reason we can’t open or there are interruptions in our operations due to government advice you will not have paid anything in advance.  All classes in April and May have been cancelled, moved into the summer or offered vouchers for later this year and 2021.

We are currently redesigning our booking system and products this week, with smaller classes and physical distancing the norm and we are looking at a range of new products to compliment our standard lessons – so we would recommend holding back to Friday 21st May for new bookings.

We hope to see you in the surf as soon as we can!


Senior Instructor

Coast to Coast