HIRE YOUR SURF EQUIPMENT
Coast to Coast offer a hire service that is built around your needs. We offer two ways to hire :
- BEACH HIRE from Belhaven beach at lesson class times (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm). This has the advantages of pick up at beach (i.e. no roof racks) and also safety/company in the surf alongside our lessons (Bodyboard and Surf only). During the summer holidays and weekends we normally hire this way.
- HUB HIRE from our base at Dunbar Station arranged in advance. Provides you with independent movement along the coast and we can provide free soft roofracks for bigger boards or smaller cars. (SUP, Surf and Bodyboard). Please note this is normally only possible in spring and autumn or weekdays outside peak season.
Please book in advance to arrange hires for both options, 07971 990361 or [email protected]
Hire prices below for 3 hour sessions (10.30am-1.30pm, 1.30pm-4.30pm, 4.30pm-7pm, 7-9pm).
- WETSUITS (plus accessories) £10
- SURFBOARDS (hard or soft) £10
- BODYBOARDS (including fins) £10
- STAND UP PADDLE BOARDS (plus paddles) £10 board + £5 paddle
Double session hires at beach add £5 per item.
We are members of the Surf Hire Safety scheme run by the RNLI and operate with certain rules to ensure safety and a good vibe in the water.
- Hires must have had a lesson with an approved school or be with someone who has experience and will supervise them.
- All hirers should understand the basics of how RIPs work and what Wave Etiquette is.
- Under 16′s must have adult supervision.
- Customers must ensure prior to hiring that they are not suffering from alcohol or drug abuse or any medical condition that would make it dangerous to participate.
- Hirers must be able to swim at least 50m for surfing and 100m for stand up paddling.
- Stand up Paddle hirers must take communication and safety with them if touring locally, and understand self rescue techniques. Hirers must understand the basics of RIPS, wind effect on a SUP and etiquette with other sea craft. If in doubt have a lesson or stay near our lesson groups.
We reserve the right to refuse hire to any customer if we consider any of the above conditions are likely not to be met or we consider surf or weather conditions to be unsafe.